Friday, June 05, 2009

More about work

I'm sure some people think I'm exaggerating when I say the people I work for are just not good people. They are stupid, selfish, greedy, petty, and just plain mean. This is what happened on Wednesday:

These was a bag of peaches sitting on the counter and one of the delivery drivers asked the wife if he could buy a peach to eat for breakfast. She looked at him and, very derisively said, "Don, he wants to KNOW if he can BUY a peach from us" to her husband.

Don said, "If you want a peach, why don't you punch out and go over to HEB and get one yourself."

At this point the driver said, "Hey, never mind. I saw them sitting there and thought it wouldn't be a problem."

Don said, "Those are for gift baskets when we get an order."

You should know there was no order for a fruit basket and, since I had stopped at HEB on the way to work, I saw the peaches on sale for $.99 a pound. I didn't get any because I wanted an apple. Coincidentally, I bought 2 apples that morning and ended up giving one to the driver which was probably better because the peaches were pretty small and the Braeburns were big. I also didn't get out my receipt and ask him for $.50 or whatever trivial amount it was.

I was, once again, shocked by this entire incident. The stupidest thing about it is that the guy asking for the peach is the delivery driver. He was leaving in a half hour to deliver the flowers and he could have stopped anytime on the clock and gotten whatever he wanted and they would never have known. That is the truth of their character: stupid, selfish, greedy, petty, and just plain mean. Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

flowergirl said...

You have to leave this job, it is no good for your creative, artistic abilities. Your bosses sound like they are jealous of your new creative ways etc. There are a lot of florists that would appreciate your creativity. Get out while you still can!! You will feel a lot better. I know, Im a florist in Australia.
Kind Regards, Lisa Golding.
botanicalflorist@yahoo.com.au