Friday, April 10, 2009

Green and white week

I made two arrangements this week that I liked. Both were for funerals, although the style and color scheme would be appropriate for a wedding as well.

The one on the left was made on Tuesday. I used 2 large white Hydrangea, 4 small green Hydrangea, white Stock, Bells of Ireland, Curly Willow, and Springerii. This one is totally representative of my personal design style. I like well balanced, proportional, natural designs with a simple harmonious color palette. I really like to do pieces that have several shades of the same color to add a sense of texture, and I like the drama of asymmetrical balance.

The arrangement on the right was from Wednesday. I used the same color palette of green and white, this time with white Hydrangea, green Hydrangea, white Snapdragons, white Stock, white Stargazer Lilies, Bells of Ireland, Springerii, and Myrtle. This time I wove the Springerii through the center and left just a small tip showing on the front next to the sheer ribbon.

This one would have been gorgeous with a little English Ivy, but I didn't think my boss would appreciate me clipping the plants. I did it all the time in my shop, but, (I keep reminding myself) this isn't my shop and I don't have the freedom to do things my way. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: