Sunday, March 22, 2009

Early onset Alzheimers?

I was reminded today just how ditsy I am sometimes. I went to the grocery store this afternoon. I usually try to go pretty early thinking it will be less crowded, but I got side-tracked doing something else. I *think* I got everything I went there for; I should probably start making a list due to the advanced age and all. I was pleasantly surprised at the short lines and was even thinking on the way home the afternoon might be a better time to go from now on.

Anyway, I got home, put everything up and started doing other things. It wasn't until a half hour ago, a full 6 hours from the shopping trip, that I realized I was missing a bag. Not only that, I couldn't find my receipt. I distinctly remember the cashier handing back my debit card with the receipt wrapped around it. I checked my purse, the debit card is there, the receipt is not. I have no idea where it went. I called the store anyway to see if the bag with all my food in it was still there waiting for me. At first they said it wasn't and that I would need the receipt. Well, that was obviously a problem, so I started naming some of the things I could remember that were in the bag.

Finally they found it and I just got back from picking it up. I wish I could say this was the first time I've left bags of groceries at the store. Sadly, it's not and probably won't be the last. I can't even be upset by it, it wouldn't serve any purpose. I've actually chased after people in front of me who have left their stuff, too, so at least I know I'm not alone. Just another day in my weird life. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: