Thursday, March 05, 2009

Garden progress - 1 week

The sprouts from last week are a little bigger, but I'm not seeing much anywhere besides the mixed Japanese greens.

The fish managed to tip the tray and some of the Rapid Rooters fell out. They ate them. That's my guess anyway because there are 8 missing. Since they float and they're not on the top, that's the only thing I can think of. There were 14 empty spots that were filled with a Rooter the night before. I put 6 of them back into the tray, but one side is now empty. At this point I'm not sure which seeds are in which Rooter. If they grow I'll find out then.

I'm not sure which will actually grow besides the ones that have sprouted. The Basil appears to be surrounded by mold. Since I've never grown anything with water as a substrate I don't know what to expect. Technically I think the Rooter would be the substrate, but there's definitely more moisture than regular soil.

I bought some large Styrofoam cups last week that I am planning to transfer the sprouted Rooters into to use as the floating garden. Maybe I should have skipped the tray altogether and gone straight to that. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: